An AUSTA ACT event presented in partnership with the Wesley Music Foundation.
The festival will be held at the Wesley Music Centre, 20-22 National Circuit Forrest ACT 2603 on 15, 16 and 17 May 2020.
DRAFT PROGRAM (times may be adjusted depending on number of entries; entrants will be advised by email and website updated)
|FRIDAY 15 MAY 2020|
|202||Competitive AMEB Grade 2||3||4:30PM||17:15||$45||Medal||Medal||Medal||Bronwyn|
|203||Competitive AMEB Grade 3||4||5:25 PM||18:05||$45||Medal||Medal||Medal||Bronwyn|
|204||Competitive AMEB Grade 4||4||6:25 PM||19:15||$45||Medal||Medal||Medal||Bronwyn|
|101||Non-competitive (details to be determined)||TBA||7:30 PM||20:30||$35||Bronwyn|
|SATURDAY 16 MAY 2020|
|503||Junior Competitive Concerto (AMEB 2, 3 , 4)||5||12:30 PM||13:45||$55||$100||$60||$30||n/a|
|205||Competitive AMEB Grade 5||6||2:00 PM||14:40||$45||$100||$60||$30||Anthony|
|102||Non-competitive (details to be determined)||TBA||3:00 PM||16:30||$35||Anthony|
|102||Non-competitive (details to be determined)||TBA||4:30 PM||19:00||$35||Kylie|
|SUNDAY 17 MAY 2020|
|206||Competitive AMEB Grade 6||7||1:00 PM||14:00||$45||$100||$60||$30||Anthony|
|207||Competitive AMEB Grade 7||7||2:10 PM||15:00||$45||$100||$60||$30||Anthony|
|504||Intermediate Competitive Concerto (AMEB 5, 6 , 7)||9||3:10 PM||16:20||$55||$150||$80||$50||n/a|
|208||Competitive AMEB Grade 8 & up||10||5:30 PM||19:05||$45||$150||$80||$50||Kylie|
|505||Senior Competitive Concerto (AMEB 8 and above)||14||7:15 PM||21:15||$55||$200||$100||$60||n/a|
RAFFLE DRAW & WRAP-UP
* Non-competitive entrants of all levels can play on either Friday or Saturday. For each day entrants will be grouped according to playing level, and entrants will be advised of their timeslot by email. All non-competitive entrants will receive a souvenir certificate and adjudication report.
Entries are made at https://www.trybooking.com/BITTJ
- Multiple entries can be made in the one transaction
- For each entry, entrant data (name, date of birth, AMEB level and teacher’s name) must be entered
- Purchaser data (credit card holder name, address, email address, card details etc.) is entered once per transaction, after all entries have been made
- The entry fee includes a souvenir program.
Entries closed on 2 May 2019.
Our adjudicator for the competitive sections will be the experienced violist Robert Harris.
Festival Rules and Conditions of Entry should be carefully read before an entry is made. In particular:
- a copy of the music must be provided by all entrants to the registration desk, for use by the adjudicators
- entrants can only play one piece per section
- playing time limits must be observed
A designated CSF accompanist will be available (except for the Concerto sections) at a cost of $15 for each non-competitive and competitive section (except for Concertos). The accompanist should be contacted before the festival to ensure that they have a copy of the music to be played.
Entrants are free to use their own accompanist in place of the designated CSF accompanist (at their own cost).
Entrants are encouraged to have a rehearsal with the accompanist before the festival (at their own cost).
Bronwyn Brown can be contacted on mobile 0408 246 818, or email email@example.com
Kylie Loveland can be contacted on mobile 0431 211 976, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anthony Smith can be contacted on email (preferred) email@example.com or mobile 0 450 335 187 (call or text).
Members of the public are very welcome to attend the Festival. Entry is by program ($5). Entrant’s families are free.
The smooth running of the festival depends on the efforts of a small number of AUSTA ACT volunteers. If you are able to assist in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org