An AUSTA ACT event presented in partnership with the Wesley Music Foundation.
The festival at the Wesley Music Centre 22 National Circuit, Forrest ACT 2603
Saturday 3 June 2017
- 1:00pm Section 102 Non-competitive (School) Years 2 and under – Time limit 3 mins
- 2:00pm Section 103A (surnames from A to K) Non-competitive (School) Years 3-4 – Time limit 5 mins
- 2:45pm Section 103B (surnames from L to Z) Non-competitive (School) Years 3-4 – Time limit 5 mins
- 3:50pm Section 105A (surnames from A to Q) Non-competitive (School) Years 5-6 – Time limit 7 mins
- 4:30pm Section 105B (surnames from R to Z) Non-competitive (School) Years 5-6 – Time limit 7 mins
- 5:10pm Section 107 Non-competitive (School) Years 7-12 – Time limit 8 mins
- 7:15pm Section 501 Year 6 & under Competitive Concerto movement – Time limit 8 mins
- 8:30pm Section 502 School Years 7-12 Competitive Concerto movement – Time limit 14 mins
Sunday 4 June 2017
- 1:00pm Section 203 Competitive AMEB Grade 3 – Time limit 4 mins
- 1:40pm Section 204 Competitive AMEB Grade 4 – Time limit 5 mins
- 2:10pm Section 205 Competitive AMEB Grade 5 – Time limit 6 mins
- 3:00pm Section 206 Competitive AMEB Grade 6 – Time limit 7 mins
- 4:00pm Section 207 Competitive AMEB Grade 7 – Time limit 7 mins
- 4:30pm Section 208 Competitive AMEB Grade 8 and above – Time limit 10 mins
Entries have closed.
All non-competitive entrants will receive a small trophy and an adjudication report.
To encourage entries in the competitive sections and to support excellence in string playing, monetary prizes will be awarded for placegetters as follows:
Sections 502, 207, 208: 1st $200 2nd $100 3rd $50
Sections 501, 203, 204, 205, 206: 1st $100 2nd $50 3rd $25
Entries are made via the website https://www.trybooking.com/265799.
Please note that the section start times shown on Trybooking are preliminary and may need final adjustment.
Festival Rules and Conditions of Entry should be read before an entry is made.
A CSF accompanist will be available for the Saturday afternoon and Sunday section performances at no cost to the entrant:
Saturday afternoon Emily Leong mob 0402 515 338 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday afternoon Bronwyn Brown mob 0408 246 818 email email@example.com
No CSF accompanist will be provided for the two Competitive Concerto sections 501 and 502.
Entrants are free to use their own accompanist in place of the designated CSF accompanist, at their own cost.
Entrants using the CSF accompanist must contact them before the festival, to confirm the arrangement. It is strongly recommended that entrants have a practice session with their accompanist before their CSF performance. Such practice would be at the entrant’s own expense.
Members of the public are very welcome to attend the Festival. Entry is by program ($5).
This year we have secured the services of an eminent Sydney-based violist and experienced strings adjudicator, Mr Robert Harris. Robert is a regular member of the Canberra Symphony Orchestra, and in 2017 is adjudicator for the Armidale and St George Eisteddfods and the Ku-ring-gai Philharmonic’s NSW Secondary Schools Concerto Competition. His full bio is on the Adjudicator page.
The smooth running of the festival depends on the efforts of a small number of AUSTA ACT volunteers. If you are able to assist in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org