An AUSTA ACT event presented in partnership with the Music Academy at Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS).
The festival will be held at the CGGS Music Centre , 48 Melbourne Avenue Deakin 2600.
(final times may vary depending on entry numbers; entrants will be advised)
Saturday 2 June 2018
- 1:00pm Section 102 Non-competitive – School Yrs 2 and under – Time limit 3 mins
- 2:05pm Section 103 Non-competitive – School Yr 3 – Time limit 4 mins
- 3:15pm Section 104 Non-competitive – School Yr 4 – Time limit 5 mins
- 4:20pm Section 202 Competitive AMEB Grade 2 – Time limit 3 mins – 1st $40, 2nd $20, 3rd $10 (NEW)
- 5:10pm Section 203 Competitive AMEB Grade 3 – Time limit 4 mins – 1st $60, 2nd $30, 3rd $20
- 6:45pm Section 207 Competitive AMEB Grade 7 – Time limit 7 mins – 1st $140, 2nd $70, 3rd $40
- 7:30pm Section 208 Competitive AMEB Grade 8 and up – Time limit 10 mins – 1st $160, 2nd $80, 3rd $50
- 8:10pm Section 502 School Yrs 7-12 Competitive Concerto movement – Time limit 14 mins – 1st $200, 2nd $100, 3rd $60
Sunday 3 June 2018
- 9:00am Section 204 Competitive AMEB Grade 4 – Time limit 4 mins – 1st $80, 2nd $40, 3rd $25
- 9:45am Section 205 Competitive AMEB Grade 5 – Time limit 6 mins – 1st $100, 2nd $50, 3rd $30
- 10:30am Section 206 Competitive AMEB Grade 6 – Time limit 7 mins – 1st $120, 2nd $60, 3rd $40
- 11:35am Section 501 Yrs 6 & under Competitive Concerto movement – Time limit 5 mins – 1st $150, 2nd $75, 3rd $50
- 1:30pm Section 105 Non-competitive – School Yr 5 – Time limit 6 mins
- 2:30pm Section 106 Non-competitive – School Yr 6 – Time limit 7 mins
- 3:20pm Section 107 Non-competitive – School Yrs 7-12 – Time limit 8 mins
All non-competitive entrants will receive a souvenir medal and adjudication report.
Entries are made via the website https://www.trybooking.com/361252.
- Multiple entries can be made in the one transaction
- For each entry, entrant data (name, date of birth and teacher’s name) must be entered
- Purchaser data (credit card holder name, address, email address, card details etc.) is entered once per transaction after all entries have been made
- Entry fee ($25) includes a souvenir program.
Entries close on 20 May 2018.
Members of the public are very welcome to attend the Festival. Entry is by program ($5).
Festival Rules and Conditions of Entry should be read before an entry is made.
A designated CSF accompanist will be available at no cost on the day to the non Concerto section entrants. Entrants are free to use their own accompanist in place of the CSF accompanist, at their own cost.
Emily Leong will be available to accompany Festival students who are playing on Saturday 2nd June. Emily will do mostly 15 minute rehearsals in the two weeks leading up to the festival – half hour rehearsals for older ones only if needed. Email (preferred) Emilyleong.firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0402 515 338.
Bronwyn Brown will be available to accompany Festival students who are playing on Sunday 3rd June. She will only be available for rehearsals in the week before the Festival, from 27th May. Bookings for her accompanying services are essential and should be made either by EMAIL to email@example.com or by TEXT on 0408 246 818 (calls to this number will not be answered as Mrs Brown will be overseas).
Entrants must provide their own accompanist for the two Competitive Concerto sections 501 and 502, at their own cost.
This year we have secured for the competitive sections the services of an eminent violinist from Orange and experienced strings adjudicator, Doreen Cumming. Doreen is the principal 2nd violin in the Canberra Symphony Orchestra.
The smooth running of the festival depends on the efforts of a small number of AUSTA ACT volunteers. If you are able to assist in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org